Dr. Sanjeev Gupta – Fulbright Post Doctoral Fellowship (2013), Post Doctoral Fellowship – Ministry of Non – Renewable energy (2011), PDF, University of Modena, Italy (2010 ), DST ICTP Fellowship,(2008-09)
Ms. Himadri Soni - ICTP-IAEA STEP Fellow (2012-13), ICTP short term visit (2012) , PDF, Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Dr Garima Aggrawal - Post Doctoral Fellow – Ministry of Non – Renewable energy (2011)
Ms. Shweta D. Dabhi, INSPIRE Research Fellowship Award (2013) DST
External Visitors with International Fellowship
Prof GA Sivjee, Ambry Riddle Aeronautical University, USA, Nehru-Fullbright Professorship (2011-12)
Extension Activities :
Documentary film on Magnetic Fluid by DECU-ISRO, Edusat
Ham Radio (Using Electronics for Emergency Communications)
-Development / Replication of Low Cost Transceivers and other Equipments
-Training for Appearing in the License Examination
-Creating Awareness amongst Govt. Officers, Students and general public
Open Source Software (using since 1995)
-Propagating the Use and Explaining Importance
-Helping in installation and Management, BSNL,Police, Bank, Railways, Colleges
-Servers at University and in the Department
-Demo, Lectures, Visits to various educational institutes, schools, science fairs etc
-Kits for training
-Conducted 3 Inspire camps for the bright students – in one camp school students interacted with a Nobel Laureate online for more than 1 hour.
-Yearly lecture series in memory of Prof KL Narsimham, the first head of the department at Sir PP Instt of Sciences (1932-62) by senior scientists.
Remarkable Achievements :
Internationally recognized center for research in Magnetic Fluids
Three Nehru Fulbright International Fellowships
- FIST – DST (First Phase) – Rs 25 Lacs (1998)
- National Center for Ferromagnetic Fluids – DST Research Support Facility - Rs 86 Lacs
- Center for Excellence in Nano-Magnetic Particles - GUJCOST – Rs 50 Lacs
- Ramanna Fellowship – DST – Rs 42 Lacs
- Industrial Project for developing Magneto Rheological Fluids
- Industrial collaborations with industry for Boronated Rubber
- Development of MR fluid and temperature sensitive fluids for the strategic applications – sponsored by DST ~ 80 lacs.
- Optical Storage using Magnetic Fluids
- Production of Silver/Gold nano particles using bio-route – green synthesis
- Only University in the region to have 14” automated telescope
- Compute Cluster with 80 cores
- Several National-International Collaborations
- Intel gifted 10 Galileo boards.
- 2 Vikram Sarabhai Awards of the Govt of Gujarat for research carried out in the department.
- Established Indian Society for Magnetic Fluid Research to disseminate information on MF.
- Demonstration of Magnetic Fluid to Hon Dr APJ Abdul Kalam